Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Pregnancy Center

This is the third week that I’m back to The Pregnancy Center. I’ve been volunteering there since October 2005 but since Julia’s birth I was taking a break to get better adjusted to her and her to me in the house. I’m taking her with me, of course, and it’s been a blessing so far.

The Pregnancy Center is an awesome place to work and I do love the staff team. Everybody has a passion for the cause and A LOT of compassion for the pregnant women.

The majority of girls that look for the center are going through a crisis pregnancy and usually seriously considering abortion. It’s sad to see them go down this path so we do our best, in the most compassionate way, to show them that there are better options. Ultimately, it’s up to them to decide but it’s very rewarding to see them change their minds after getting more information on abortion and other options.

Basically, I’m helping doing the Ultra Sounds of the pregnant women, with 3 other nurses. It’s so amazing to show the mom the baby’s heartbeat and see their eyes water most of the times realizing that they carry a real tiny baby and not just “blood” as some people believe.

I’m also teaching Childbirth Classes for the moms that are carrying their pregnancy to term and I enjoy teaching very much!

In the beginning I was not sure how Julia would adapt to the new schedule but she is doing well so far. Of course, there are a lot of “aunties” that are dying to spoil her a bit while she is there, so it makes it easier.

It is a ministry that faces a lot of spiritual battles, so if you feel led by God, please, pray for the girls and for us that minister to them. It is known that there are at least 3000 abortions A DAY in the United States. Have you thought about how many lives we are missing a year? The numbers are too high and we are losing this battle to the enemy. We do need more volunteers there to do different things but we also need people that stand in the gap and pray for this ministry.

If you live in Kona and want to help out somehow, please, give us a call at – 808 326 1766.

If you don’t live in Kona, consider praying for us. We need this covering.

And if you want to know more details about this ministry I’ll be happy to talk to you by phone or e-mail.

Thank you.

2 comments:

mimi said...

I am so happy to know Julia is not allergic to chocolate or peanuts. I knew of a person whose parents never gave him or sweets--until--he started school and was invited to a friends birthday party where ice cream and cake were served. He said he remembered feeling angry that his parents had kept this from him. :-)

mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.