Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chocolate


This week has been a crazy week. Matthew is very, very busy this whole month because of the new Living Waters’ team that will start on March the 23th. He is leading this one too so it’s been a busy time with preparation for the new team.

On Wednesdays I teach Childbirth Classes at the Pregnancy Center from 5 PM to 7 PM and Matthew picks up Julia and takes her home for a couple of hours. Last week I arrived home, after the class, and asked him how everything was. I’ll reproduce our dialogue:

Ana – So, how is everything?

Matthew – Good.

Ana – How is Julia?

Matthew – She is doing good, we had a great time.

Ana – What time did she take the bottle?

Matthew – After the chocolate.

Ana (freaking out) – WHAT????????????????????????? Matthew, did you give her chocolate??????????

Matthew – Of course not! She took it.

Ana – Oh please, you better have a good explanation for that.

Matthew – Well, I was opening a Reeses Peanut Butter cup and the chocolate was melted. She reached out for the chocolate and knocked it out of my hand. It fell on her dress and it was all melted. I put her on the bed in order to clean both of us and when I came back she had chocolate all over her hands, face, dress and mouth. And she was sucking her fingers that were covered with chocolate.

Ana – Oh GREAT!!!!!!!!! She not only ate chocolate but also peanut!!!!!!!

Matthew – As I said, it was not my fault! She took it, I never gave it to her. But I can tell she liked it!

Well, I don’t have to go on with this, do I? You all got the idea. Julia had her first chocolate experience at three and a half months. And not only a chocolate experience, but a peanut experience.

God is good indeed and does protect the children. The good news is that she did fine. Her intestines worked just fine and I think she is not allergic to peanut. Praise God!

1 comment:

mimi said...

I am so happy to know Julia is not allergic to chocolate or peanuts. I knew of a person whose parents never gave him or sweets--until--he started school and was invited to a friends birthday party where ice cream and cake were served. He said he remembered feeling angry that his parents had kept this from him. :-)